Sunday, July 20, 2008

They've taken over the pool too!

I just can't get away from them! I've really tried, but people at the gym piss me off!! I really shouldn't let people from the gym bug me...but then again, they shouldn't be complete asshats either.

I went to the gym to swim for an hour. These two girls in the pool were obnoxious. They kept horsing around. Now, I could have ignored them but they kept hanging on the lane lines and they almost kicked me in the face not once, but twice. They weren't actually swimming, they were just dicking around. Fine, take up the lane, but don't come in to mine! (Clearly I have personal bubble issues with swimming!) They also annoyed me with their bitching about their weight. I'm not saying that they don't have the right to bitch--I have no problem with the bitching, but please if you're going to bitch, stop making excuses and do something about it. Don't let me hear you (a few laps later) say that you love your pork rinds covered with lime juice and chili pepper (not kidding!). There were more irritating snippets, but it just aggravates me to re-live it.

There was also some guy splashing about, like a child, trying to impress some bikini clad, tanorexic, blond. That was awesome. I so enjoy using a wet towel when I emerge from the pool. Thanks man, I hope your ridiculousness got you laid, because it just irritated the crap out of me!

There was also the guy clearly swimming in his boxer briefs. He had some serious peakage issues. BLECH! That's exactly what I wanted to see when I came up for air at the end of the lane (EW!). I really hope he was suffering from shrinkage, because that's unfortunate for him if it's not.

Am I crazy for my notion that appropriate attire should be worn? Is it unreasonable to believe that if I hang my towel on the hook it should remain dry when I grab it at the end of the work out? I could share a lane if I had to, but I shouldn't have to worry about a behemoth teenager kicking me in the face because they're using the pool lane markers like a jungle gym. Am I wrong in thinking that this is a gym pool and therefore should be used for laps and other forms of legitimate exercise and or rehab?

No comments: