Friday, July 25, 2008

I said a Brat, Beef Kielbasa, Hot Smoked Sausage, Cheddar-Wurst!

I have this very strange habit of having either the TV or the radio in in the background for some noise. Maybe, subconsciously, I miss the kids at school (riiight!). It's not that I actively watch whatever's on, it just keeps me company. I do, however, perk up at some commercials. My mother can attest that, even as a child, I would pay no attention to the television show, and was content playing or coloring in the corner. The minute the commercials were on, my eyes would be glued to that big glowing box. Clearly, I missed my calling in marketing and advertising...lost genius I tell you! Anyway, this is my most recent amusement:



What is it about middle aged men in Hawiaan shirts creating a coordinated cheer and singing in harmony about grilled meats that completely cracks my shit up!? Why can't Kenny and Joe do that? I'm sure Drunk Charlie would join it--it would be great!

BTW--I've had the song from the Dell Computer commercial in my head for days. The one that goes "I am orange today..." Does anyone know the actual name of that song? (Sarah, I'm thinking ball is in your court on this one!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They play that here in TX, and it makes me homesick. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find Johnsonville brats in TX? I know they exist, but I think they're Texas' version of Bigfoot.