Thursday, July 3, 2008

As Seen on a Test

This summer, I'm teaching United States History at the High School level. As part of the curriculum, I'm required to give a Constitution Test.

Just so you know-- (as seen on the test):
  • The first ten amendments to the Constitution are called "The Ten Commandments". (Thou shalt have the rights to ...?!)
  • The Judicial Branch enforces the laws, the Legislative Branch makes the laws and the Executive Branch breaks the laws. (Ok, so I guess they weren't that far off...)
  • Also, should George W. Bush no longer be able to serve as President of the United States, he will be succeeded by the Vice President. Who happens to be George Washington. If George Washington cannot serve (and let's face it, he probably isn't able), I'm next in line for the Presidency. (Hail to the Chief!)

Now you know. (I swear, sometimes, I think I'm talking to myself!)

2 comments:

Deanna said...

That's sad....but freakin' hilarious. High schoolers, no less? We're in trouble!

Bethie said...

Yep, I recently had an extra credit paper (about Chicago History) turned in that said that the word Chicago was from the French word "shacagwa" meaning "river". Also, the Great Chicago Fire "came at a great time because the leaders needed to re-design the city anyway." And the St. Valentine's Day Massacre was a Valentine's Day gift for Al Capone's girlfriend.

There were some other biggies, but those are the top 3 whoppers that made me laugh!