Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Froggy Gifts

Ah, my dating life...definitely fraught with peril. This one really threw me for a loop.

Rick** and I had chatted a few times and decided to meet for a movie. At the theater, Rick says, "I have a gift for you."

A gift? Odd for this early, but slightly flattering. What could it be? Now, I would think that a flower would be typical, or at least traditional. Nope, that, of course, would be too easy.

Rick hands me a toothbrush.

WTF?!?! No, he's not a dentist, or have any occupation involving the mouth. I don't think I have bad breath. I brush regularly, and when in doubt, I have candy and gum. This is bizarre, right? (Please tell me it's not just me!)

**As always, the names have been changed to protect the freaks.

5 comments:

Victoria said...

WTF??? You know... I complain about not having dates... but sometimes when I read your blog about the froggies, I get kinda glad that I don't have any dates. A toothbrush? Did he have a reason or did you run away too fast to get an explanation?

Bethie said...

The only explination was that "It make me think of you [me]." That's it, no further explination.

Do I have funky breath and no one's telling me?

Anonymous said...

45 minutes on google and I still have no idea. If it has anything to do with one of the youtube videos I just saw... perv.

Deanna said...

W.T.F.

Anonymous said...

You need to write a book! You have the craziest Dates...Now you know why I worry.