Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Resolutions...

Well, more than half the year is gone...let's see how we're doing with the ol' resolutions:

1) Give up pop: Not too bad...if nothing else is an option, I'll go for Diet Coke, but I've been good! At least I think I've kicked the full on Diet Coke addiction!
2) Complete the Disney Half Marathon: Give me a month and a half, I'm on it! I'm registered, the airfare is booked...I can see the medals!! I'm also registered for the 5k the day before!
3) Try to be vegetarian during lent: Check! I've been pretty much a veg for most of the year due to health reasons. Doc says I can have meat a few times a month...woo-hoo!
4) Complete the Shamrock Shuffle: Unofficially, check!! I forgot my chip on race day...but I did it anyway! With an unofficial pr time!
5) Complete the Flying Pig Marathon: Total check!! It was a beast of a marathon where almost everything went wrong, but I have the piggy medal!! I'm now in training for the Chicago Marathon and very seriously concidering Philly... (can you say 'addicted'?)
6) Complete the Soldier Field 10 Mile Race: Check! I finished on the fifty! PRed, got the medal and drank my beer!
7) Learn to swim so that I can complete a Triathlon: Check squared!! I'm even registered for a third tri this weekend!
8) Repeat the Chicago Distance Classic: Give me a month, and I'm there! I've even dragged Super Julia along for the ride on this one!! (She's a rockstar, by the way)
9) Earn a CARA Participation Award: I'm gonna be honest, I'm not certain this one's going to happen. I made this goal thinking that the CDC or the Marathon would be on the list of races that count. Not so much. However, I am a pacer for CARA's Marathon Training Program as well as a pacer for the R2R 20 miler. If that's not participating, I don't know what is!!

6 out of 9 done! And two more in the works...8 out of 9 isn't bad. Maybe y'all will cut me some slack on the last one...unless you're gonna volunteer to run some races with me!! (In which case, I say BRING IT ON!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to be there when you check the Chicago Distance Classic off your list!!

-SuperJuls