Monday, July 14, 2008

The Danskin Tri

Yesterday was Danskin, it was good and bad...Open water is HARD to swim! And biking wasn't much easier with 20 mph winds and my chain falling off at mile six, but I still had a good time.

A pic of the start beach...many women ready to swim.
This is Sue, Elaine and I ready to swim.--Tri Buddies!
Elaine's husband took this pic of our wave swimming...and it totally cracked me up!!
I was very happy with my transitions. I felt really good about swim to bike. I almost cut my first transition time in half--ROCK STAR!!
Must get shoes on...
On my way with the bike... This next photo, is my favorite race photo ever-- Finish time 1:48:29Here's Elaine and me with our medals. Elaine rocked this race! I'm so proud of her! (She's so awesome!)
I still have some things to work on (SWIMMING!), but I'm still pretty proud of myself. If you had told me even a year ago that I'd be doing triathlons, I wouldn't have believed you...who knew!?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! You set your goals and follow through! Just think back one year, you could not swim! You go girl. What a powerful example to your students!
Love always,
Mom

Deanna said...

You go girl! I'm so proud of you! Danskin is a great race to get started. Are you going to do Accenture?

Bethie said...

Thanks Mom! It's not just setting goals, it's being too stubborn to quit!

Thanks Deanna! I'd love to do Accenture, but by the time I decided to actually do a Tri, the registration was closed. Next year, I'm on it! Maybe even the Olympic Distance--who knows!

Anonymous said...

And just think.... It all started with one little 5K at the lakefront! :)

Bethie said...

Go back a little farther...it all started with a little stair climb.