Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thrid Tri's a Charm

Glenview Triathlon!!

Can you say "Kickin' ass and takin' names"? This tri went really well! I came in 12th in my age group!! And Elaine came in 8th!! She was amazing! I don't know how she does the run so fast...I wanna be her when I grow up!

I rocked the swim for a change. Turns out, I'm a master at pushing off the walls. It really helped me out--I actually passed 5 people! I learned that trick from Pete...he's a genius! I really used it to my advantage and finished in 6:30. My bike was pretty good and my run was about average--not much to complain about.

When I was running to transition, I heard "BETHIE!!!" and realized that Tina and Pete were there watching the race! I'm so pumped that they came out to watch. It really meant a lot to me to have 'fans'! Thank you, guys sooo much for coming--You're the best!! (And T, your little one legged cheer thing still makes me smile!)

I'm pretty pleased with my performance. I'd definitely do this little race again--it was such a fun time! Next year, I have to talk Tina and Pete into doing it with me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!

Bethie said...

Thanks!