Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Note to self...look before you leap

So I was stuck in the hellish traffic that is I290, and my lips were a bit parched. So I reached in to my bag (without looking--eyes on the road--safety first!) and grabbed lip gloss. I smeared some across my lips and as I pressed them together and...they stuck.

What the? I look at the tube-- MOTHER DICK!!! You've got to be kidding me!! Yep, that's right. Lost in the bottom of my bag from Halloween, was a tube of eyelash glue.

While this wasn't the permanent stickage of crazy glue, but this stuff was tacky, and tasted like a cross between glue, aerosol hairspray and stale mascara. It was super fun trying to get that crap off my lips, drive stick and not be a danger to myself or other drivers on the expressway during rush hour.

Note to self: check what's in the tube BEFORE you put it on your lips!!

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Shut up! I don't even believe you did that!!!

Hate to say it, but that's HILARIOUS!!

Bethie said...

Sad, but true. Glad you're entertained by my story. Check the back logged blogs...there's more stories like it. I'm a tiny bit accident prone.

Anonymous said...

1.) I love that you still use the phrase "Mother Dick!" God bless Jamie Gerdes for coming up with that one.
2.) Do you have to be banned from all forms of glue?!?!?! This is the 2nd time you've stuck yourself to yourself!
3.) At least you don't run with scissors! :)