Thursday, December 6, 2007

Much better and very blessed!

For those of you checking in, today was much better. I'm crazy sore from my tumble yesterday. There's a couple of spots on my side that hurt to touch... some people have asked me if I broke a rib. Sleeping/laying on my right side is not on the to do list for the day. How do you know if you cracked a rib? If I did, they'll knit, right? I'm not gonna die, yeah? (Reassurances please!!)

In other news, the kids were asking me about my shoes today:
"Are you wearing your new shoes today?"--"Nope, not today."---"Why not!?!?!"--"Because they didn't match my outfit."--"Oh." (5th grade girl)

"How did they know your size?"--"I have no idea, you'll have to ask Mr. C." (7th grade boy)

and a favorite:
"I asked Mr. C why he brought you shoes, and he said 'Sometimes a nice lady just needs a new pair of shoes'". (What woman wouldn't agree with that logic?!?!) (8th grade boy)

The 4th graders were super cute in the hall today (still concerned about my shoes) one of the boys leaned in my doorway and said (as if it was a million years ago, and it's some sort of inside joke between us): "Ms. B, remember when you didn't have any shoes?" -- "Yep, I remember."

All I can say, is I'm so blessed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So happy you are having a better day! The kids are pretty funny in their comments.

I posted some songs for you that are great running tunes under that blog...enjoy!

Who, me? said...

Awwww I miss your school sometimes!!! Tell the security guys I say hi!

Anonymous said...

I'm still trying to figure out how that dude thought your driveway was the street. Didn't the 90-degree turn give it away?? What a fuck-tard.