Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Who wants to be my buddy?!?!

I've heard it before, "Bethie, you really need a hobby." But I guess I have to face the facts, running has actually become my hobby. (I really have changed a LOT this year!!)

Anywho, I was puttering around on line and I found this race called Muddy Buddy Ride & Run. I was intrugued; after all the tag line was "Two Buddies + One Mountian Bike + One MONDO MUD PIT = The best time of your life!"

It's a 6 to 7 mile race where done with a buddy. One starts on bike and the other runs, at each of 5 obsticle points you switch running or biking and do the obsticle. You continue leapfrogging through the race until the end. You must finish together by crawling through a GIANT MUD PIT!!! HOW AWESOME IS THAT?!?!?!

I NEED to do this race!! I will be stalking this site until they post the dates for the 2008 Chicago Muddy Buddy Ride and Run.

The important question is: Who wants to be by buddy? Come on, I know I must have had some one out there at 'mud pit'! :)

(Seriously, people! I know someone out there wants to be my 'Muddy Buddy'!)

5 comments:

Victoria said...

Hmm... I'd consider it... it sounds awesome!
I'd just need to improve on my running... a LOT...

Victoria said...

They say on the website August 3, 2008... I should be able to run semi-decently by then... I'm in!

Bethie said...

AWESOME!! Do you have a bike? Cuz I don't.

Victoria said...

I do have a bike... it needs a tune up, but that's no prob...
I showed the website to one of my guy friends that's an awesome runner... and he thinks we're insane... haha

Who, me? said...

Loved your card! Especially loved how it didn't explode! :)

I would totally do this if I were in the same state.