Saturday, December 15, 2007

Just Crabbin'

I’m at this point where I feel a little better, but still icky. You know, that time where you don’t feel well enough to really get something accomplished or do something fun, but too well to sleep for 12 hours straight. Yeah, so I’m lying around on the couch watching bad tv and old movies, eating whatever is around the house (not that I’m terribly hungry—I really don’t feel like eating when I’m sick), surfing the internet and reading. You know what that means: Bethie’s a little crabby.

I’ve devised a list of things that I’ve found pretty damn entertaining and things that just are annoying the crap out of me.

First the entertaining:

My hat. ‘Cuz I like my hat.

I’ve discovered these mentholated patches that stick to your shirt. They’re not messy like Vick’s Vapo Rub, and work just as well. I have five patches stuck to my shirt as I type. I’m surrounded by menthol goodness.

Squirrels that while running across the yard and slip on the ice and wipe out. He was just doing that run/hop thing that squirrels do and just completely biffed. Call me evil for laughing at a small mammal’s misfortune, but that was some funny shit. I’m sure the little guy was ok…he scampered off.

Glow in the dark cats. Seriously, they were on the news—this is not a cold medication hallucination! (Google it if you don’t believe me!) I had the sound off at the time, but they were pretty funny looking. Their skin actually glows in the dark! Although novel, I’m not certain I’d want to wake up and be able to see Seamus licking his butt in the middle of the night.

Peyton Manning commercials. I really love the pep talks one. They totally crack me up.

The SNL sketch with the NPR Ladies Hosting Pete Schwetty with Alec Baldwin (“I love how your balls glisten.”) or the one with “Simon” and Michael Meyer is in the bath tub with Danny Divito (“My Daddy says, ‘Sometimes, Santa’s gotta get whacked!’”)

Now, Things that Annoy Me:

Macy’s. Fuck Macy’s. I want Marshall Fields back. (No news flash here.)

Hillary Clinton. This isn’t anything new either. Just with all the caucus stuff, she’s on TV more often.

The “HoliDUH” commercials. They’re just stupid.

Cartoons now a days are LAME! What happened to Garfield, Mickey, Loony Toons, The Smurfs, and Thundercats. Even the new Scooby Doo isn’t what it used to be.

Not being able to run or work out. It makes me antsy and worried that I won’t be in shape for Disney. I haven’t run more than 20 miles total in the last two weeks. Adding to that, not being able to sleep soundly. I've been up since 5:30 am. I'm certian that no one should have be up when the little hand is on the right side of the clock.

Ok, I think I’m done crabbing for now.

No comments: