Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Whole New Level of Crazy

I think I may have done something stupid, and it's a mere 2 weeks before I run my second ever 1/2 marathon. I registered for a marathon.

A whole one. 26.2 miles.

I'm not sure if I'm excited or freaked...I'm certain in a few weeks when I start regular training runs over 7 miles, I'm gonna feel differently.

When I signed up, I was pretty pumped. I did sign up for the CARA winter training program. But now, I'm starting to get worried, they keep sending emails stating that people participating should have a strong running base...and that base mileage average keeps going up. It started at being able to run 6 miles comfortably and now it's up to 9 comfortably. Then I thought the first run was 5 miles, I now find out it's actually 7 miles. I signed up because I recognize I need support to train for this...why are they freaking me out? I'm a penguin for pete's sake!! I don't wanna get kicked out of the training runs because I'm too slow or not a strong enough runner!

The first run is January 5th. I think I'm more stressed about running with real runners on a training run than I am for the 1/2 marathon in Disney.

Regardless of my training, I will be participating in the Flying Pig Marathon (because I'll run a marathon when pigs fly!) in Cincinnati, Ohio on May 4th, 2008. If I die, the funeral will be the following week (plan your schedules accordingly).

3 comments:

Who, me? said...

!!! I thought you weren't the type of girl to go all the way!

Just kidding. That's completely amazing. You inspire me to go to the gym.

Victoria said...

That's AWESOME!!!! I'm so excited for you! I might just have to plan a trip to OH that weekend to cheer you on!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to run your first marathon with you!! (And I won't ditch you, unlike the person who said they would run my first marathon with me... 3 guesses who that was, and the first 2 don't count.)