Sunday, October 1, 2006

Toot-a-loo!

Well, yet another Chicago institution is closing down to make way for condos. Toot's on Central and Montrose will close today. It was an excellent landmarker for many finding my house (sorry, Barb) as well as a great place to get a snack on the way home from the bars!




They had all sorts of fun creations, including my personal favorite--old fashioned ice cream sodas. Not too many places still make them, and if you're a fan like me you know that they'll be missed.

I'll also miss the "Lick me" sign over the door. Apparently, it will be raffled off sometime between 5 and 8:30 tonight. There will be other activities including t-shirt making and a candlelight vigil.



I waited in line today and had one last Chicago Style dog and a raspberry ice cream soda. It was yummy! I'll miss ya, Toots! So, as it say's on the door--"Toot-a-loo"!

2 comments:

molly said...

hate to see the memories go! too bad i never even heard of that place. that would be a great sign to get though!

Anonymous said...

TOOTS... WALLY'S, Chiago dogs are getting hard to find...