Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Thunderstruck

Yesterday, Erik Larson’s new book, Thunderstruck came out. You may recognize his name from his last book Devil in the White City (I would highly recommend it, if you haven’t read it already).




Anywho, I read in my TOC that Erik Larson was going to be in the Chicago area for his book release. So today, I headed to Centuries & Sleuths Bookstore in Forest Park to see him.

The store was so quaint! Everyone seemed to know each other (it was like the "Cheers" of bookstores!). So much more personable than your average Borders, and the place was packed!

It was a great session, even if I did walk in late… He was talking about researching his new book, as well as did a reading from it.



Eric Larson then did a brief Q&A, including questions about "Devil" and then began signing books.




Here’s my signed first edition copy!!


I know I'm going to sound like a complete and total dork, but I can't wait to dive in and get reading!

2 comments:

pinknest said...

fun! i've never read any of his books.

Anonymous said...

NERD!!