Friday, September 29, 2006

First and last...

On Monday, I went to my last Cubs game for the season. It's always a little sad, especially when there's no hope of breaking the 98 year no world series streak, but that's what being a loyal Cubs fan is really about...the beer! Here's a shot of beautiful Wrigley at night...




The game wasn't very crowded, but leave it to fate to put me right next to a die hard Brewers fan. We had some good natured ribbing.

You can see that the game is going well, because Ben is smiling quite brightly (I love you, Ben!).



Donyielle even had a good time...this was her very first Cubs game--EVER! Even though she didn't have the Old Style (I swear Wrigley Field is the ONLY place in the world where it tastes good) she still had a great time. She did stand with Jim McMahon for the 7th inning streach, but refused to sing because she'd "loose, like, a thousand 'cool points'". She made it up by letting me ride with Isis after the game! :)

Run up the white W flag...Cubs creamed the Brewers 14 to 6--Go Cubs, GO!

Time to move on to more important things, like football...Chicago Bears, BEAR DOWN!

No comments: