Thursday, September 7, 2006

Resourcefulness

I'd like to call this one resourcefulness.

School has started, and so far, there is one class that is totally out of control. It was a very LONG hour with them So, I decided that since I survived, I wanted to have a glass of wine with dinner. I pulled the bottle out of the fridge, and went to the drawer where I keep the cork screw...

and I dig...

and I dig...

No cork screw.

I realize, that my ONLY cork screw (I have at least 10 bottle openers that I came across) was taken to Ravinia earlier in the summer, and I can only assume that it is at Chris's. Most of you realize what a HUGE problem that actually is. Well, what's a girl gonna do? I refuse to let a little thing like that stop me. (Does that make me an alcoholic?)

Anywho, I did what every red blooded American girl would do... I got my drill.

For those of you who know me, no worries. I did not cause any damage to myself or property. For the record I only spilled a few drops of wine.

What I did was I took a long screw and drilled it down into the cork. I then used pliers to slide the cork out about an inch.






When I realized that I couldn't get any more leverage or the strength to pull the cork out with my hands, I used the vice in my basement to hold the screw while I pulled on the bottle to get it open (hence the spilling of few drops).



It takes a lot more than loosing a cork screw to stop me!! And for the record, the wine was delicious with my dinner.

I bet Jack feeling strangely proud right now.




3 comments:

pinknest said...

genius! i cannot believe a vice was used in the uncorking of your wine.

Bede said...

Only you, only you. I'm so glad to see that you haven't changed over the past few years!

Anonymous said...

That a way, girl. You make me proud!

Happy Birthday!

Jack & Mom