Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The greatest thing since sliced Peanut Butter?

I was in the grocery store the other day and I came across a product. At first I was intregued. It looked like brown american cheese. Upon further inspection, I realized that it was not cheese, rather peanut butter!

That's right, availible for consumption is single serving slices of peanut butter! Are they kidding me?!?! How freakin' lazy do you have to be to open a jar, stick in a knife and spread it on bread???? It's not rocket science, it's making a bloody sandwich!

After checking out the website for this product, I found that it took four years to create. Four years to make peanut butter not sticky so that you can get it off the plastic wrap. Isn't that part of the fun of peanut butter? It's stickiness?

This is just too much! I'll give you the single serving of peanut butter in a snack-pac style cup. I'd even concede to peanut butter in a tube, and I've seen it in a can. Not that I've used it, but I could see the convinience of keeping it in your desk for a snack. BUT A SINGLE SLICE?!!? How are mom's supposed to take a knife and create a heart of peanut butter in their kids sandwiches! (Not that I could see it, but I know my mom always did it!)

This is a whole new level of laziness. It's a sad, sad day that now people can buy crustless bread, and put a slice of peanut butter on it... I guess it's only a matter of time before jelly follows suit.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A slice of peanut butter? There's one George Washington Carver didn't think of! Oh...and what goes great on crustless bread with a slice of peanut butter - - > That's right, tear off a piece of a grape fruit roll up!!! There's your jelly baby!

I'm gagging at the thought...

Anonymous said...

OK, I just checked out the web site. This is definately the dumbest idea ever from someone with WAY too much time on their hands. We can only hope this bombs HUGE.

Victoria said...

It doesn't even sound appealing...
Although, I guess it's good for all those arachibutyrophobics out there (that's the fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth!)

Who, me? said...

You know they make jars that have both peanut butter and jelly in one? In case you can't open two jars at once.

pinknest said...

what?! are you serious?! this is repulsive. yet fascinating.