Sunday, February 3, 2008

Happy Superbowl!!

Many of you know that today is my favorite holiday. It's the football equivlant to Christmas! I know, I know, I know....my Bears didn't make it to the Superbowl this year. Yeah, yeah--wasn't even close. I don't want to hear it!!! (BARB and JOE!!) But my fellow Bears fans, there are some things for which we can be happy:

1. The Bears beat Green Bay--twice!!! This still makes me giggle!(And constitutes a perfect season for my mother.--If only it were really that easy.)

2. Devin Hester is still under contract.

3. The Bears had a less than stellar season, therefore, there will be some fair-weather fans giving up their season tickets, thus moving me up on the wait list! (Hey, a girl can dream!)

4. 14th draft pick over all...here's hoping we don't have another Cade McNown incident.

5. For those of you who are not Patriots fans, Bears fans can take comfort that they are playing the Giants. If you go back to the 1934 championship game, the Bears went in to that game undefeated. Unfortunately, due to shitty field conditions and a lack of shoes (seriously, the Bears played barefoot--no pun, it's true!), the Bears perfect season was ruined by the New York Giants. With any luck history will repeat itself. (Sorry, I can't stand Bill Bellachek!!! I say Giants by 3!)

6. Finally, the last thing that will get me through...10 days until pitchers and catchers report!! (Go, Cubs GO! It's our year!!!)

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Wow... talk about a good prediction!!! I was STOKED that the Patriots lost!!! hahahahahaha!!!

Anonymous said...

Best part about the game... I didn't have to watch it! I just checked out the commercials this morning on-line. No wasting all afternoon for one Budweiser commercial (which wasn't bad, but I've seen better)! Who cares about the Giants OR Patriots?