Thursday, February 14, 2008

I Love the Auto Show!

This evening I took myself to the 100th Chicago Auto Show...
Here are a few of my favorite things:
Corvette ZR1 (So pretty!)
Camero BumbleBee
1970 Shelby (The last of the real Muscle Cars!) The '08 Bullit (Can you tell I like Mustangs?) 2008 Shelby--(If this ended up in my garage, I wouldn't be sad about it!) Oh, and Greg Olsen (TE) of the Chicago Bears!!!
Olsen (#82) was the Bears first round draft pic last year (31st over all). I was a total geek about meeting him. Seriously, I'm slightly embarassed in hindsight. But not only did I get a pic, but he signed my ticket stub from the Green Bay game. For those of you who are not walking encycloepdias of Bears stuff, that October 7th game was when Olsen scored his first career touchdown. (Oh, yeah, and the Bears won that game too!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say, I'm impressed that you had your ticket stub with you. Or did you know you were going to meet him? Either way, that's happy!

-juls

Victoria said...

I'm jealous!!! I would love to meet Eric Olsen! Did you give him my number? Ha ha ;-)

Anonymous said...

The real question.. did ya get some digits? :)

Bethie said...

Juls--I knew he was going to be there...I looked it up on the auto show website.

Victoria--It's GREG Olsen. I think Eric Olsen went to Augustana...

Barb--Of course I did, in fact when he autographed his name, he also wrote out his phone number. Because I'm that lucky--and monkeys might fly out of my butt!!