Monday, August 6, 2007

When mattresses attack!

Due to my race on Sunday I’ve been a bundle of nerves! I’m certain that I’ve been driving every one I know (especially Barb), crazy. As a result I’ve been trying to harness this nervous energy by cleaning out every nook, cranny, and closet in my house. I’m sure it would serve me better to just clean my house, but I’m not going to question this motivation. I already have several boxes for Am-vets when the come by next week.

Anywho, today I’ve been working on laundry including my sheets. I realized that I’ve neglected to flip my new mattress since I’ve gotten it last month (oops!). It’s a lovely comfy mattress that is a joy to sleep on…however it’s not so much the joy to flip. The damn thing is heavy!! I struggled to flip it up on its side when I realized that Seamus had wandered into the room and was sniffing under the bed. Not wanting Seamus to get smooshed in the process I tried to shoo him away with my foot. In doing so, I lost my balance and the mattress came crashing down creating a Bethie sandwich between itself and the box springs.

Yeah, it was super fun trying to wiggle out from under that. Thank goodness this was not a situation where I'd need to call Meg to get me unstuck from something. (Come on, you know you all were thinking it!)

I’m currently taking applications for an assistant mattress flipper. No experience necessary, but brut strength and a better sense of balence than I is required.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too many jokes...must mock Bethie! ;)

Anonymous said...

Since I was the one who guided you to the Verlo (aka Velcro) showroom, I feel a certian obligation to volunteer as your assistant mattress flipper. Put me down for the weekends I'll be in town for the games.
PS> I officially come visit you more than you visit me, and I know this because I've finally gotten an I-Pass.

Anonymous said...

I am glad that Bedknobs & Broomsticks revealed itself during this whole cleaning process! Way to sacrifice the body for the cat, not sure the effort was worth it, though. You know those things get 9 lives. Sheesh.