Thursday, August 16, 2007

I swear I'm a grown-up!!!

I stopped by my old school to visit Linda, my former co-art teacher and pick up some donated supplies for my classroom. And we got to talking and I offered her some fresh veggies from about my garden. She had a lunch meeting to go to, so I said I’d bring them to her later that after noon.

When I brought them over, she was working in the bookstore. I waited in line so that I could pass them to her and one of the new teachers that were helping her asked me if I wanted to buy a PE uniform or needed to purchase any supply cards.

Are you kidding me? I’m sooooo not a high school student. Maybe I look young, but I didn’t think I’d be mistaken for a kid! I guess I’d rather look young for my age, than older—but I swear I’m a grown up!!

4 comments:

Deanna said...

That's hilarious!!! Do you get carded for booze, too?

Bethie said...

All the time...heck a few years ago, I got carded to see "Hide and Seek"!

Victoria said...

Haha... that's happened to me before too! When I was down in Missouri I did some OT at a local school in the country (so it was elementary school and middle school)... when I walked down the middle school hallway one of the teachers used to tell me at least monthly that he thought I was a middle school student! Come on... I was there for 2 years and he never got it! I feel your pain...

Bethie said...

On a side note, I went back to an April post and re-took the Real Age Test...I've actually gotten younger!!

Before, I was 5.5 years younger than my actual age. Today when I re-took the test I was 7.1 years younger...making me 20.9 years old. That defiately makes me feel much better about being 2 years away from 30!

I guess running makes you younger!