Tuesday, October 21, 2008

World's Largest Personal Ad

In this day and age, there are a million ways to find a date. It seems that many of them haven't worked for me...but then again, they may work for others. However, I've found one that's completely extreme. There's a woman looking to raise 3 million dollars to get an ad spot during the Superbowl. Her website, superbowlsinglegirl.com shows her story, as well as her current amount fundraised ($741.00 as of post time).

There's just soooo much wrong with all of this!! First of all, does no one else think this woman is a few fries short of a Happy Meal? I mean, CRA--ZY!! And if you're this nuts, do you think a man is really going to want to date you? (Unless he, himself, is just as loony...and then y'all shouldn't breed.) This is not the optimism of a hopeless romantic, this is insanity.

Second the Superbowl?!? Seriously, try match.com or a personal add in the paper, or even Craig's list! Most of you know that I consider Superbowl Sunday to be a holiday. I don't want this chickie to ruin my holiday!! (don't mess with my Superbowl!!) The commercials are for getting another beer, more food or using the bathroom. Not for watching the commercials (you can check those out online the next day). The focus should be on FOOTBALL!!

Does she really think this is the best method to get a guy? This is a national spot, she lives in New York, what is she going to want with Bubba in Appalachia? Maybe it's just me, but I've found that long distance never seems to work out, unless someone is going to move.

There's even different levels of giving to this cause. For $10 grand, you'll not only help this desperate woman, but you'll also get an invite to her wedding. Do you really need to pay $10,000 for a ticket to a freak show? And what of the other weirdo's that would pay that...the mayhem that could ensue!

Finally, how is this website even still running? The phrase "Superbowl" is copyrighted. Roger Goodell, where are you and your high priced lawyers to shut that site down for copyright infringement!!

I know I think this is ridiculous, and I would like this woman to be happy. But really, wouldn't it be a better use of your time to have a web site that could act as your personal add? I just don't get it...

1 comment:

SuperJuls said...

Try raising money to feed the poor.
Or support research to cure disease.
Or build a school in a third world country.
Or something besides getting a husband!