Friday, October 10, 2008

Marathon Party!

Well, it's time to carb up for the Chicago Marathon! I had some runners over for a good ol' fashioned pasta party--complete with my student's marathon themed art work (It's unfortunate that the kids names are on the funnier ones, or I'd post them!). Here's Jack's version of carbo loading:
Crystal, Danielle and Colleen love Diet Pepsi!
Barb was really hungry!!
Running Buddies!
Everyone seems ready to go...here's hoping nature cooperates--we've all worked so hard!

Good Luck to everyone running in the 2008 Chicago Marathon!

3 comments:

Elaine said...

GOOD LUCK BETH! Remember, this time has to be better-- there won't be any extra miles, fires that cause rerouting, hopefully no downed runners, and i'm sure your asthma med is stocked. :). can you believe all that you have accomplished this year?! ps., this is my first blog comment ever-- it is a feat that you have brought me out of lurker status... :) e

Anonymous said...

Bethie - I am sorry, I couldn't make it to the carb loading party. The Samosa's are sitting in my aunt's refrigerator and the car is going to be put to sleep :). As for the marathon, I finished it in 6:00:57. I barely got disqualified :). Thx for all your support during this training session.

Anonymous said...

Why is everyone so obsessed about having pictures of me eating? I do it all the time!!