Friday, October 3, 2008

Cool!

Yeah!! My fridge and my beer are now chilling nicely!!

With Jack's over the phone direction, I took the back panel off and found that the fan on the compressor motor was not moving. After digging around for the right tools (Finally!! I used a refrigeration ratchet!! My parents will appreciate the wonder of that one--I used to assemble them when I was a kid.) I got the fan motor off and the other Jack came by to help. We ran to the appliance repair place and one of the very nice guys there took the motor off the carriage. I had what I needed written on my hand, and all the guys in the shop made fun of me for not using paper (Hello! I did use paper--I just forgot said paper at home and had to call Jack to get the info again :D). They also cleaned and re-attached the fan and then rewired the plug. We got back (I yelled at Jack for the total cockblock) and got the motor back in.

Total cost: $51.75.

Insert "Bethie is awesome dance" here.

Ah, I think I'll drink a nice cold beer to celebrate. :)

(oh, and P.S. I also fixed the sprayer on the sink. Oh yeah!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy that you couldn't abuse alcohol by letting it reach room temperature! Congrats on yet another amazing handy-chick repair!
Cheers!

Victoria said...

You rock on the repairs! I'm impressed! I'm running the Bucktown 5K tomorrow if you're bored in the morning and want to come out and cheer me on!

Deanna said...

You are awesome!! Way to save a thousand dollars!

Hey, were you wearing a pink long sleeved running shirt yesterday during your run? If so, 1. I saw you and 2. I have the same shirt!

I kept looking for you and was going to say "Hey, Bethie! It's me, filterfree!" haha

One week from today and we'll be two hours in!!!!

Bethie said...

Barb--Thanks! Really, I did it for the saftey of the beer.

Victoria--Good Luck on your 5k!

Deanna--Sorry, I wasn't wearing pink. I was wearing a black long sleeved shirt that said "Does this shirt make my butt look fast?" and an orange Bears visor. Genrally, people know me on the LFP by either the orange Bears visor or the orange Bears hat. But if you do catch me out there, please say hi!

krishna said...

Hi

My name is Krishna; I’m from India, living in puttaparthi, I sow your profile in Google blog
I’m here to meet new peoples and introduce about me and my profession, I’m travel guide India, may be if you or your friends interred to visit India, contact me for your tourist guide and organize your travel trip needs in India,

Service for tourists

I offer to take care of your needs from arrival to departure: taxi, accommodation and such.

By Swami’s grace I’ll do this with great happiness.

Therefore I ask you kindly to forward this message to friends who are due to visit India & SATHYA SAI BABA in Puttaparthi.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Name of office Shanthi net cafe

Name of owner Ch. Krishna

Address Main Street,
Shop No. 2 (opposite Hotel Sai Towers)
Sri Sai Gokul Aprt 1st floor
Puttaparthi 515 134, Anantapur DT, A.P

Phone +91 8555 287625

Mobile phone +91 9490540659

E-mail : kristhyan20002@yahoo.com
touristorganizer@gmail.com

I sow your blog looks very nice with beautiful pitchers. Maybe if you like to visit my blog check here

http://saiyathra.blogspot.com/