Sunday, September 28, 2008

In Running News...

Since 2 weeks from today is the Chicago Marathon, I have a few running notes to post:
  1. Melissa has, in fact, re-hydrated. She's doing well and hates the fact that I posted a picture of her in a hospital bed on the Internet for the world to see. (Yep, I am a "jerk-face", and yes, anything you do or say can be blogged against you!) But I can give her a plug, she is running the Marathon for the American Cancer Society. If you'd care to donate, click here for her donation page.
  2. Way to go Mom! Yesterday, she participated in a 1 mile walk in honor of her service puppies. Way to put that mall walking to good use! I'm proud, mom--I think a 5k is somewhere in your future.
  3. I also have to say, I'm proud of Amy. She finally made it OUT of the gym. For some reason she hated running outside. But she's broken away from the treadmill and found the great outdoors. She will be completing her first 1/2 Marathon the first weekend in December. You go girl! Keep up the good work!
  4. Congrats to Dwayne! He ran his first 8k this morning. He called me after, his knees covered in IcyHot wondering just how many miles were in 8 kilometers. He said it felt like it was about five. :) So close--4.96. I told him that if he jogged to the car or to the fridge to get a beer during the Bears game, he'd be at 5. Great job, D--when are you going to run a Marathon? (No pressure.)
  5. Finally, I'm so proud of all the Fabulous 12 Minute Mile Runner's!! You made it 17 weeks, chasing my ass up and down the Lakefront Path--that's some tough running! But seriously, It's quite a commitment you've made, and I'm very proud of all your hard work. It's been a pleasure to watch you grow as runners and it's been an honor to get to know each and every one of you. You've taught me a lot, and I thank you. I know a lot of you are running your first marathon; all I can say is, enjoy it!

That's about all for now, I have some football to watch--Go Bears!!

4 comments:

Mel said...

I think you owe me the plug and the $20 for that HIDEOUS picture you posted of me. For pete sakes, I'm not even wearing make up and thank GOD this blog doesn't have scratch and sniff...

Bethie said...

Don't make me un-donate! I don't think I could handle the bad karma associated with ripping off the American Cancer Society.

Anonymous said...

Look where my Bethie has gone! And it all started with a bunch of stairs, and one little 5K. I'm so proud of you!! Can't wait to hit the marathon course with you once again! And, yes, I've thought better about doing a 50 miler. What am I?? Nuts??

Anonymous said...

Thanks Beth I need all the encouragement I can get.