Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Happiest Race on Earth!

Sunday morning was the Disneyland 1/2 Marathon! We were a touch late getting to the start (missed the flame throwing, up close and personal), but we were just in time for our wave to go. We were in Corral B Wave 1 (yes, I do feel the need to brag that I was in the second corral wave one!) and we were ready to run!

Since it's Disneyland, we of course had to stop during the race for pictures! Here's Barb and I (in matching Minnie Mouse outfits) near the castle.

In the park we found Tinkerbell and Peter Pan.
And Belle, but where was Beast?
Somewhere along the way on a random Anaheim street I found some hula dancers and took some time to learn to do a little dance...Watch me groove!
And these ladies totally cracked us up! I love their signs!
Me mounting the freeway entrance; and yet Barb looks so chill.
Clearly there's always time during a race to hug a giant blue monster--I love Sully! Unfortunately, there was no Mike Wazowski. :(
Mrs. Incredible with 2 incredible chickies. (I'm such a cheese ball!)
This may not be the "Bungee Rat" that was flirting with me from the parade the day before, but he still deserved some love!
Barb, truly is Goofy and needed her picture taken with her race namesake.
Here we are standing by the statue that matches our "Coast to Coast" Medals! (Of course we had to get the Sleeping Beauty's Castle in the background!) Ah, the Disneyland...The Happiest Race on Earth; definitely a good way to spend Labor Day weekend. :) (Even if my flight was cancelled and re-routed through a hurricane in New Orleans!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad you missed the dirty angle on the statue of Walt. As my Disney-freak wife showed me, if you look at it from Walt's right, Mickey's nose lines up very nicel with Walt's crotch. Disney employees have dirty minds.

Bethie said...

It was the Happiest Race on Earth--don't be "That Guy"! :P