Monday, September 1, 2008

The Happiest Place on Earth

First time to California and first time to DISNEYLAND!!
It's definitely much smaller than in Orlando, but they do have some different rides. I was the saddest girl in the whole land to find out that "It's a Small World" was closed down (it's the original from the World's Fair!) It's ok, I think riding the Matterhorn and Indiana Jones made up for it.

And of course taking pictures with our friend Pluto!

I was also very excited about the giant sunshine in the California Adventure Park. Taking time to smell the roses
Barb's ready for the 1/2 Marathon....The only problem was that my return flight was cancelled. The default flight left the following morning and took me through San Diego and NEW ORLEANS. (Yeah, because I want to head straight for a hurricane.) Fortunately, the lady behind the desk gave me a shuttle voucher to LAX (Thank God!) and re-routed me. When I got there, I saw that there was an earlier flight home. I ran (not kidding) through the airport trying to get to the gate. They were boarding, but there was plenty of room on board for me to switch (with my own row to stretch out!). Even with the flight issues, I can think of worse ways to spend my weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy the Buddy Christ