Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Frickin' Hilarious

I gave a homework assignment to my fourth graders to bring in either a picture or a sketch of their favorite animal. One student was showing students his picture, saying rather loudly "It's a frickin' elephant!!"

I called him up to my desk to check his paper and he repeats "Miss B, look! It's a frickin' elephant!!" Now if you know my students, they're really not afraid to cuss in any situation, so it's highly abnormal for them to say "frickin'" instead of just dropping an f-bomb.

So, I look at his paper, and it takes every ounce within me not to laugh at this poor child. I look at him and say, "Um, sweetie. This says 'A FRICAN Elephant'."

It makes me wonder what they'd call an asian elephant.

2 comments:

Who, me? said...

so funny!

Anonymous said...

A instant classic, hilarious!