Sunday, December 3, 2006

Cafe Cubano

I usually have some time to kill between work and class on Wednesdays. Last week, instead of the usual Panera, I decided to check out Cafe' Cubano on North Ave. in Elmwood Park.




Obviously, it's a Cuban resturaunt... so I ordered a Mojito.



It was pretty good...made the old fashoned way. Muddled and not made with the simple syrup. I also ordered a sandwich, Miami style.


Standard Cuban fare, the bread was fabulous and crunchy. I'd probably go back if I was in the mood.

The best part was watching the windows get painted for the holidays. It was so fun to watch!



I didn't get a good picture from the outside, it was too dark. But if you're driving on North Ave. west of Harlem, check it out!

5 comments:

Matt Brand said...

errr I thought you were in Chicago?

Bethie said...

I do live and work in Chicago. I'm taking some classes in a suburb that borders Chicago on the West side. Elmwood Park is the next North Suburb to Oak Park (where I'm taking that class.)

Does that help?

molly said...

ha ha! when i was scrolling through the post before i read it, i thought you were going to say there was a homeless guy painting profanity on the windows!

ps, for the best costa rician food in chicago, go to irazu in wicker park (aybe milwaukee ave??). a little hole in the wall but sooooo yummy! one of the things i miss about chicago!

Bethie said...

That would have been a much better story! I like your ending better! :)

pinknest said...

looks yummy! i love mojitos. i've discovered that the best ones i've ever had were at the delano hotel in miami. if you are ever there you must try!! although south beach is ridic.