Sunday, December 17, 2006

Thoughts on Decorations

Since she was in between residency interviews, Barb and I went to Lincolnwood to check out their Christmas lights. Some of these houses are actually professionally decorated. There's one house that is my favorite, that we made sure to see. It has a three story Christmas tree in the house, where the "top" of the tree actually appears to be poking through the roof. They also have a sleigh with real deer attached to it.






I told Barb, that I love to see this house every year because "It's just not Christmas with out dead reindeer!" We got to wondering, where does one store taxidermied reindeer? Those two deer have been out there for years, so they must keep them somewhere. I'm not sure I'd want them stacked in my garage or attic. EW!

On the way home, I happened to notice a house that I had talked about in an earlier post.


The house that I had mentioned back in September as putting out their Christmas lights, actually had no lights on it!! This house is even more messed up than I thought. Why does one put UP lights in September to not have anything remotely holiday durning the time period it's expected!? WTF?!?!

1 comment:

pinknest said...

this all is creeping me out.