Tuesday, November 25, 2008

HD--Huh?

I finally got the coupon in the mail for my digital converter box and went out and purchased the box (thanks, Ben for the feedback!). I'm not very electronical about setting things up. I just don't get it. I tried to set it up today. And by "set it up", I mean I kept plugging and unplugging things until I could make it work. So far, not so smooth:

1. Why does it keep skipping and getting all pixelated? That's really annoying. If I wanted my TV watching experience to resemble a really poorly dubbed Japanese movie, I'd rent Godzilla.

2. How do I make it work through the TV instead of as a component like the DVD player? My TV does cool things like Picture in a Picture. What's the big deal about this? I can watch 2 football games at once! Or, in the fall, the Cubs and Bears at the same time!! I'd really like this one fixed!

3. Where did CBS go? How do I get CBS so I can watch football on Sunday?

4. There are some people who should not be viewed in high definition...I was not prepared for Cloris Leachman sans makeup.

I'm not sure how I feel about this whole HD business. I wonder how long it will take me before I suck it up and read the directions.

No comments: