Sunday, November 9, 2008

Skirt Wearing Froggies

This morning was the Go Vertical Challenge, and the last event in my "Month of Ridiculousness" (ie, Chicago Marathon 10/12, Indianapolis Marathon 10/18, Chicago Lakefront 50/50 Ultramarathon 11/1, and the Sears Tower Climb 11/9).

I wasn't feeling well, so in an effort to cheer myself up, I wore my very cute red polka-dot running skirt for the climb. I got in line to start the climb, and this guy, who was two people in front of me was a creepy looking guy who was also wearing a skirt--I say skirt because I like kilts--and I don't want to degrade the kilt by claiming that he was wearing one! I hope that it was a sport kilt (yes, they make those), but it wasn't a tartan pattern, rather it was just army green. He turns around and says to me (over the guy between us) "Try not to look up when you're climbing, unless you want a happy surprise."

EW!! The guy between us, literally took a step backwards away from this creep. Next, the skirt wearing froggie says "Aren't you curious about what's under my kilt?"

I replied "Um, not even a little."

He leered in my direction and said "Hey, you're wearing a skirt too, looks like we've got a lot in common. Ya, know there are other things that you can climb..."

Fortunately, I saw my friend Peter farther up in the line and was able to catch his attention. I'm not even sorry for running away and cutting about 20 people in line. Thanks Peter!! You're my savior from the creepy skirt wearing froggie!!

7 comments:

SuperJuls said...

Ew. Just Ew.

Anonymous said...

Thats the difference between a Scotsman and a froggie, Scotsmen are far more refined and would never make such crude remarks, Since you like kilts, I invite you to visit my site at www.your-kilt.com to cheer yourself up.

Kind regards from a Scottish Highlander,

David.

Bethie said...

Juls--I KNOW!

David the Scottish Highlander--Thank you for backing me up on this one! Your kilt site is lovely. Clearly we need more real Scots in Chicago, rather than skirt wearing froggies!

Anonymous said...

There is no way that you did two marathons a week a part. And then you claim to have done an ultramarathon? I don't think so. I think someone is spining tales.

SuperJuls said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SuperJuls said...

Dear anonymous,

You're wrong. No tales are being spun here. Bethie's just that awesome. I should know, I was there. Don't be a doubter.

Sincerely,
superjuls

Bethie said...

Thank you, Julia.

Anonymous--Thank you for taking the time to exercise your freedom of speech on my blog. However, I've got the bibs, t-shirts, medals and Google results to prove it. Thank you for your feedback and have a lovely day.

PS If you're going to rip on me on my own blog, have the balls to leave your name.