Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Texting Froggies

I had been chatting (email and text) with this guy for about a week. He was a Marine, worked in the fraud department for a bank downtown, ya know seemed normal. We had plans to meet for coffee, something I didn't think was a high pressure situation. I was sitting in Borders with some tea waiting for this guy to show up, when I received the following text:

"i m sorry but their appears to be a lack of spark"

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!?! You did not just stand me up with a text!! (Not to mention the incorrect use of 'their'!!) What the hell?! I would think that a Marine would have a little more class than that--or a least be able to suck it up through a cup of coffee! And to top it off, I'm mortified to think that he saw me sitting there and decided that I wasn't cute enough to sit through a cup of coffee. :(

5 comments:

John L said...

I'm sure that your later statement,"That he saw you sitting thier" is not the case. They're is no point even thinkin' such NEGATIVE BS. If people want to be rude that's there business. Their you go. HEE, hee, hee, hee. Maybe it's a good thing he didn't show up, shit.. He might've been stupid !!! I'd say that you lucked out.
John
Maniac #1012
:o)

SuperJuls said...

I agree, he didn't show up at all. Clearly, email and texting was enough to make him intimidated by how awesome you are. It's his loss. Stupid froggy.

Bede said...

Damn froggies!

Anonymous said...

He thought you're too hot for him!

Deanna said...

As a former Marine, I can tell you I rarely met one that had equal traits of looks, brains, charm and personality so consider yourself lucky!

(Yes, I was the only Marine I know with all four!!)

;)~