Saturday, January 13, 2007

Valuable Information

Most of you know, that Barb has been using my place as "home base" for her residency interviews. This morning I picked her up at O'Hare at 5 am after taking the red-eye from LAX. I told her just to call me when she got in to wake me up, and I'd come pick her up.

Unfortunately for her, I thought my phone ringing was the alarm. So I hit "snooze" and as a result, I hung up on her the first time.

She called back and this time I answered. Clearly I was not processing that I had to pick her up. (I can hold entire conversations in my sleep with out remembering them when I wake up.) Barb was smart enough to realize this and suddenly asked me "Beth! What's 8 x 8?" I responded with "8 x 8??? Wha?? 8 x --Don't make me do math at 5 in the fucking morning or you can get your own damn ride from the airport!!"

I was up. I hate doing math when I'm fully awake...let alone being woken up for it! Definitely the best thing she could have done to ensure that I was really coherent and on my way!

Now, my friends, you know--don't abuse it! :)

No comments: