Monday, January 1, 2007

Auld Lang Syne

My plans for New Years involved watching the Bears/Packers game (in hindsight, it's a good thing I missed it!). Definitely my kind of party...but when Barb called upset that someone had bailed on their plans I headed to Milwaukee to cheer her up and for some New Years fun!

The evening started with sparkling pomegranate martinis, pizza and Coupling. Then we headed to the River Center for the Cake concert. There was all sorts of fun! Wandering carnies (although we didn't really see any), fun hats, jugglers, psychics and caricature artists.

We immediately got tiaras...




I enjoyed the faux-hawk celebrating the New Year.






We met two Johns while waiting in a VERY long line for our tarot cards to be read.





Fortunately for us, we were the last to get readings for the night. The psychic told me some very insightful things (Happy New Year to ME!).

I found a "cape" and Barb found our seats. (I AM BATMAN!!)





I tried to get a picture of the fire juggler, but security stopped me from taking a picture. I did get a covert shot of the stage with my phone when Cake was on stage.






We ended the evening with my cape flapping in the lake breeze...and me giving it to some girl who's feet hurt and was being carried back to the car by her boyfriend. She was freezing, and needed it more than I did.






Cheers to the New Year!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!! :-)

Anonymous said...

happy new year!! sounds like a fun night. and how sweet you gave your cape away! lol!

molly said...

new years plans always get messed up, then work out for the best! (mine did at least!!)
happy new year to you!!!!!!

ps, where did you get your top? looks kind of like a print we sell at my store!
x
m

Anonymous said...

I WILL party next year for new year's eve.... I will I will I will! You looked like you had fun though... so cool. Happy New Year.

Bethie said...

Molly, you found me out... it's from Anthropologie. I love that store! Good eye!

Anonymous said...

did you know that is where i work!!! crazy! i love that store too!