Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Crashing and Waxing

I have been know to get things waxed. In fact, I do regularly get a bikini wax. It's just part of my maintenance routine. Yesterday, I had such an appointment with my esthetician. For those of you who are not familiar with the process, I have to point out that you are naked from the waist down. Sure, they give you a towel to drape yourself, but you're pretty much on a massage table half naked.

Anywho, I was laying there, waiting for my esthetician, she knocks on the door and I tell her that I am ready. As she slides open the pocket door, there is a huge crash!! (And no, this time it wasn't MY fault!!). The door completely fell off it's hinges!!

This poor woman is freaking out!! She's apologizing, and I'm worried as to if she is ok. I felt awful, all I could do was sit there...remember, I'm naked from the waist down! It's not like I can jump up to help her!! Once I realize that she is ok, I find the situation completely hilarious! I mean, this WOULD happen to me! I'm totally laughing by now.

So what do we do now? She offers to get a guy to fix it... yeah--still naked! (and laughing my ass off!) She realizes that getting a man at this point isn't the best idea. I can't stand up to get dressed...there's no door, I'm naked and my pants are clear across the room.

So she leaves me to find another room. Once she does find somewhere else to do this, I asked her for a towel. I wrap this much larger towel around me, grab my pants and dash down the hall (laughing the whole way). The poor woman who was scheduled to give me a wax was still apologizing. I kept trying to tell her it really was ok, and that I thought it was funny!

Fortunately, for me, the rest of the wax was uneventful!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you imagine if some how the door would have broken WHILE she was waxing??? You would have had more than just the bikini area waxed!!!

-Juls

Victoria said...

Haha!!! That couldn't happen to anyone else but you... ;-)

Anonymous said...

That is my Bethie!

molly said...

heya bethie! long time, no commenting! this is a great story! during my first time getting a brazilian, some other tech opened the door while i was getting ripped! i freaked out! she was all, "don't worry." in her russian accent.