Saturday, June 21, 2008

Anticipation

I can't sleep. I'm nervous. I've gone through my transition bags, and I still feel like I'm forgetting something.

In less than 12 hours, I'll be participating in my first triathlon. I can't decide if I'm more afraid of drowning or appearing in public in a mostly spandex/lycra/neoprene outfit.

What was I thinking? I mean this is ME we're talking about. My marathon was eventful enough...now I'm adding two other disciplines? I should have realized this is fraught with peril.

I wonder if wrapping myself in bubble wrap would be counted as an additional flotation device and have me DQed?

2 comments:

molly said...

wholy crap! good luck! i decided to start running last week and was whipped out just running around the block. i have a little ways to go to catch up to you!

GOOD LUCK!

Deanna said...

Nice! So how did it go???