Sunday, March 9, 2008

Gophers and My Dirty Little Secret

I have a dirty little secret. I love doing it. I love convincing others to do it. I even love watching it on tv. I even use the internet to get it.

I hear admitting you have a problem is the first step. So here it goes:

My name is Bethie and I am a Track and Field junkie.

Whew! I guess that wasn’t so bad! :)

But seriously, I’ve always loved watching Track and Field. Maybe it’s the fact that I was on the Track team from the time I was in the 4th grade until I was a sophomore in college. I really do love everything about it—I’m just a jock at heart.

Anywho, I was checking out some of the indoor season races/championships and I came across this video from the Big Ten Conference Meet. First check it out. It’s actually the second race that I want you to see…the Women’s 600 meter race (about 45 seconds in). I’m sure you’ll know what I’m talking about when you see it.



OH MY GOD!! DID YOU SEE THAT?!?!

Seriously, I can’t believe this didn’t happen to me! Most of you know the stories of my extreme klutziness. I won’t even go into the mishaps that occurred when I was still on a track team. I googled this athlete to find out who she was; and I have to say: Heather Dorniden, YOU ARE MY HERO!! You seriously kick ass! Words can’t describe how completely awesome you are!!! Sure you completely biffed in a major race and got trampled wildebeest style by other runners (who I’m positive were wearing shoes with spikes on them!) but you got up and finished the race!! Not only did you get up and finish, but you closed the 50-some meter gap and WON in the last 200 meters of the race!!!! HOLY CRAP!!

Heather Dorniden, I officially name you the Mayor of Ballsville—You Rock!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sporto - it's SHERIFF of Ballsville.....

Bethie said...

Nope, I'm still the Sheriff of Ballsville. But my town can have a mayor, and I will make it her!

Victoria said...

Holy crap... that was amazing! She definitely gets major props in my book!