Saturday, January 5, 2008

I participated!

Today I got a letter in the mail from CARA (Chicago Area Runners Association). It says: "Congratulations! You have won a CARA participation award for your completion of CARA Circuit and registered races in 2007."

I have to admit, I am a little proud of myself. I'm certain anyone could get this one, because if I can do it, anyone can. The criterion is that you run either 107K in CARA races or at least one race from the following categories:
-5K or 4-miles
-8K, 5-miles, or 10K
-10-miles;
-Marathon, Half Marathon, 20K, 25K, 30K, or 50K

I got it a 5k, 10k, 10miler and 1/2 marathon combo. (I was too lazy to count my mileage and check to make sure they were all Cara Registered/Circuit races.) Barb and my Mom say that I should go to the banquet, I'm still undecided. The two things in it's favor is that the restaurant where it's being held is quite yummy, and the certificate that I'm sure that comes along with it, would be fun to hang in my classroom. Any thoughts?

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Good for you, girl!

I belonged to CARA for years and never went to the banquet and totally regret it. I hear it's quite fun!

My vote: GO!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Bethie!!! Congratulations!

You should go to the dinner!