Thursday, September 13, 2007

Ribbit Ribbit

So, I haven’t posted in a while, so I feel the need to oblige you with another episode of the Frog Chronicles.

I met this guy, we’ll call him John*, out at a bar, (I know, stop meeting men at bars! I get it!!). Anywho, we had some good conversation, and I gave him my number. It was a standard meeting…nothing out of the ordinary. John called later and asked me out for a date. He really didn’t say much about where we’d be going. He picked me up and things seemed to going ok on the ride.

Until John pulled up to a church.

Now, I don’t want to come across as anti-God or anti-religion or anything like that…BUT WHO TAKES SOMEONE TO A CHURCH ON A FIRST DATE?!?!! It wasn’t even for something like bingo, or volunteering or anything like that, it was for an actual service! And if that wasn’t weird enough, he introduced me to HIS MOTHER!!

There are so many things wrong with this situation that I don’t think I’ll even get them all! Sure, parents have always liked me, but I don’t want to meet them in a church on the very first date!! Further more, communion does not count as dinner and drinks. There was no warning either--I have never literally prayed so hard for a date to be over!

*As usual the names have been changed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure it was a first date with him, but it was also his "Last Supper" with you! Peace be with you! ;)

Victoria said...

Maybe he had to repent for being at a bar and picking up a girl...
At least your prayers were answered at the end of the service!

pinknest said...

what?! oh. my. god. that is the most insane thing.

Deanna said...

Jesus Christ! I mean, literally...JESUS CHRIST! Who does that? (yeah I'm going to hell)

Note to Bethany:
Ask your date where you'll be going during the first call. Tell him you need to know so that you can dress appropriately.

When they started the hugging your neighbor part and saying "Peace be with you", I would have looked at him, shook his hand and said "PEACE!" and ran the hell out of that church!

Anonymous said...

You need to write a book! first date horror stories!