Tuesday, September 25, 2007

It's a good day to be me!

I have Bears/Packers tickets...

they're at the 20 yard line...

For the October 7th match-up.

(wait for it, wait...)

That's right, the real fans know that's an away game!--I will be heading North, past the cheddar curtain to the frozen tundra that is LAMBEAU FIELD!! (And I didn't even have to sell my soul to the devil--these tickets are impossible to get)

Barb and I are running the Milwaukee Marathon as a Relay, and then we'll head up to Green Bay for the game. I'm thinking a sign needs to be made for the occasion.

If the Bears blow it, it's going to be one long-ass drive back to Chicago.

6 comments:

Meg said...

Wow...I'm tempted to skip my own baby shower to join you! Somehow I don't think that would go over very well with the family. How did you get these tickets?? I'm so impressed!

pinknest said...

that sounds like fun. a sign definitely has to be made!

Not4Prophet said...

May I suggest "Kyle Orton for President"?

Anonymous said...

I must hate you now. Is the sign for the race or for the game? If it's for the game, your chances of getting on TV are exponentially higher if you have the network logo/letters on it.

I''m back to hating you now.

Victoria said...

That is SOOOOO not fair!!! I'm jealous!
I should have set my DVR to record the game because I'm sure you'll be on TV!
Have a blast!!!!

Bethie said...

Meghan--I know I'd skip my own baby shower to go! (Sorry I'm skipping yours!)

Pinknest--I'm sure there will be pitures of the sign.

Mr. Pink--Excellent suggestion, but I think I'm going to go for political correctness (in an effort to not get beat up by the cheeseheads) and say "Bear Down & Pack it Up At least we agree--the VIKINGS SUCK!!" Let's face it, they do and it even sorta rhymes!

Becca--Don't be a hater, we still have the Broncos! And you're right, I do need to put the NBC logo on that--you know you all want to see me!!

Victoria--Jealous? Says the girl who's at OKOTBERFEST right now!! :) I'll take lots of pics for the blog... then you won't miss too much!