Wednesday, July 5, 2006

Gettin' My Independance On!

Happy Independence Day!

Yesterday, I headed to Andy and Sarah's for their Second Annual 4th of July BBQ. Good food and good fun were had by all!

Here's Chris, with his "flair". I think he's exercising his first amendment rights :)



Adam decides to wear my pink sunglasses. So hot.


Playing football...Andy and Atticus (dog) watch.


Chris and I... I love my lei headband. It was both fun and patriotic!


The food was good. Andy played grill master and cooked burgers and brats. Others brought yummy treats.

Here's some ho-ho's made to look like fire crackers?


My dish came with a warning label.


I made a pina colada desert. It had a bottom layer of coconut pudding, a layer of rum soaked lady fingers (hence the warning), crushed pineapple and a layer of whipped topping. Very yummy.

By the way, the brownies located near the top right corner of my pan were AMAZING! They just melted in your mouth. I later found out that they had Kaluha in the batter. I've got to get that recipie!

Later we busted out the fireworks; snaps and sparklers... (because Illinois bans the good fireworks!)

Adam had fun flicking the snaps at people, the wall, his own fingers...

I tried to get out before the fireworks started and I got stuck in traffic, but I didn't realize the road was closed...Oops! The officer finally let me out, but I think he was being a little silly.

Good times! We'll have to do it again next year!

3 comments:

pinknest said...

ohmygoodness, all the alcoholic desserts! yum!!! your crazy pina colada dessert sounds like heaven!

molly said...

i like the mini theme! mini hats, mini sunglasses ... and even mini-type fire crackers since you can't have real ones!

Anonymous said...

Tonka has the some outfit...