Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Algonquin for "The Good Land"

On Friday, Chris and I had a fun little road trip! I got out of school and we hit 94 West to (if you got the "Wayne's World" reference, you already know) Milwaukee! We had tickets to the Cubs/Brewers Game at Miller Park.

On the way up, we took a detour at the Jelly Belly Factory!! Ok, so it's not actually the factory where they make the jellys but, it is the Midwest distribution center for the company. Regardless, you can still get bags of belly flops. They're the sightly imperfect Jelly Bellies that are still are yummy!

Here's me hugging the giant inflatable Jelly Belly in the store.





Now that we've got the sweets, onward!!

We met Barb for coffee, and witnessed a domestic issue... I thought 'Tosa was a safe place...Beware of crack smoking mom's who get punched by their boyfriends near the Starbucks parking lot. (I decided this wouldn't be the best time to be snapping pictures).

After the drama, we went to Saz's for a pregame meal. Here's Chris waiting patiently for his dinner and me to come back from the bathroom. (Thank you, Barb for the lovely pic!)




I didn't get a pic of my dinner (Sorry, Anita!), but I loved my grilled cheese sandwich with tomato and bacon! It was dreamy!

We headed to Miller Park a.k.a. Wrigley Field North. Apparently, it was "Take Miller Park Back" night. Too bad it seemed there were more Cubs fans in attendance than Brewers fans. We even found the Bob Uecker plaque!




(and no, I am NOT the Chicago woman accused of stalking him!)

The game was really good...





And you can see that I'm smiling with good news to report:




CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN!!

1 comment:

pinknest said...

no pic of the delicious grilled cheese?!?! so sad.