Sunday, October 2, 2005

Apples Galore!

First of all, I have to say, Dave you were right. I really do feel that I need 15,000 80’s songs at the click of a wheel…’cuz I traded my 20GB iPod in for the 60GB. Fortunately, I have an understanding boyfriend who doesn’t mind tagging along to the Apple Store. I haven’t made much of a dent in my CD collection, but as I type I am converting 4GB to the pod!



And speaking of apples, (nice segway, huh?) today I went apple picking! Chris took me with him and his mother. I actually had a great time! I have to say it was better than I thought. Not that I expected to have an awful time or anything…it was simply better than I expected.

Why was I so unsure of this experience going in? Well, first of all I have bad allergies. The thought of being out in the country makes my eyes water a little! (Ya think I’m a hard-core city girl?) Then top that off with random farm animals the allergy factor goes way up. Secondly, I was worried it would be too much like work. I mean, I go to a store for produce, I don’t harvest it myself. I hate gardening. I did make an effort this year with a green pepper plant in a pot on the back deck, but that was a big step for me. Farmer-Bethie I am not. I was worried this was a clever scam that the orchard ran to get people to harvest the apples for them in the name of fun (Tom Sawyer white-washing the fence anyone?).

I did have an awesome time! There was a tractor ride, you could eat all the apples you wanted in the orchard, it was fun! They also had fresh donuts and pony rides for the kids. Honestly, the only negative was the port-a-potty experience.

Who knew, a city girl could actually have fun out in the country? I can’t wait for next year!

No comments: