Friday, September 30, 2005

Malfunctions, and iPods, and Man Boobs…Oh, My!

First of all I’m sorry I haven’t blogged in a while. I’ve been having technical difficulties…that, unfortunately, have not been fully resolved. The problem? Every time I try to open any website in AOL, a warning for low memory and hard drive space pops up with the suggestion to close one or more windows.

Well, bite me. The only window I have open is AOL and I have plenty of hard drive space, thank-you-very-much.

I have no idea what to do. The all-knowing Dave had checked my computer and has given it a clean bill of health. So, I got nothing. I’d love any suggestion that I haven’t tried, ‘cuz this blows. :( (See, Dave, it’s not a joke! It’s posted for the world to see!). As a result, the limited internet keeps it difficult for me to blog.

On a brighter note…I got an iPod!! I’m so excited! I’ve been wanting one forever! For those of you who have been following, I did get the 20GB. Let’s face it, do I really need 15,000 random songs at a moments notice? Probably not. I figure I can use about 5 GBs, and by the time I completely load it up, something smaller/faster/cooler will come along, and even if it does get filled I can always manage the music on the play lists. I’m sure once I’m well versed in how to use the iPod, I’ll have more to say about it.

One other random thing I’d like to rant about… Why is it that when you see naked people in public it’s never the ones who should be naked?

I was leaving one a diner after picking up my laptop from Dave and there in the parking lot was a large older gentleman (read Chris Farley size but 30 years older with bigger man boobs—I mean he had bigger boobs than me!!) standing in the parking lot with out his shirt.

EW!! What makes it necessary for someone to change clothes in a diner parking lot?!?!?!

Is it all that difficult to either:
a) change in your SUV or
b) use the diner restroom?
I think not.

This isn’t the first time I’ve had issues with naked folk. When I was studying on foreign term, I accidentally ended up at a nude beach. I didn’t know it was a nude beach until I got there, I’m no rocket scientist, but I figured it out rather quickly. Now don’t get too excited, I didn’t get naked. I’m just not that kind of girl! :) I did what every self-conscious, red-blooded, American would do: I found the fattest, ugliest, woman (who shouldn’t have been naked in the first place) at the beach and laid down right next to her.

Hey, don’t judge me! You know you’d do the same!

I don’t think that I’m a prude, I just don’t get most cases of public nakedness. It’s like in college, I wonder why guys streak in the winter. Isn’t there shrinkage issues? Wouldn’t the effects of cold be bad for your reputation?

Sure, sometimes nakedness is fun. Random flashings, high quality streakers, the Abercrombie and Fitch catalog… there’s a time and a place for nakedness. Sometimes, it’s just not a good thing. And if you disagree, all I have to say is that both Dave and I were thankful that we hadn’t eaten dinner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would this be a bad time to mention the whole -changing pants smack in the middle of the parking lot after a Bears game- thing?

hahaha

Anonymous said...

you suck. you should have gotten naked on that beach. and you should now post pictures of you, naked on that beach in this blog for us all to see. but you didn't. you suck donkey balls.