Sunday, September 11, 2005

Forecast? Warm and Sunny!

Well, I’m back, thanks to Dr. Dave! Yeah for people with more technological skills than I! (check out his blog at www.daveblog.org) Unfortunately, my AOL is still not working, but at least my computer is cootie free.

In the time since my last postings I’ve had a birthday. And while I don’t care to discuss my age, I will give an enthusiastic “Happy Birthday to ME!” J I have to mention one of the best gifts I received. While I don’t want to sound ungrateful for any of the others, this one item had me almost in tears.

Any guesses as to what it was?

The one thing I was most excited about? Chris, my so awesome boyfriend, got me an autographed picture of none other than Tom Skilling!

For those of you who are not Chicago natives or active watchers of WGN news at noon and nine, Tom Skilling is WGN’s chief meteorologist. For more info check out: http://wgntv.trb.com/news/wgntv-skilling-tombio,0,1377504.story?coll=wgntv-weather-subnav




I totally have non-sexual crush on him.

What is a non-sexual crush you may ask? Well, you know what a regular, run of the mill sexual crush is, right? Well, I guess the non-sexual one is the same thing except you’re just not attracted to the person. You know you have one. (Come on, comment! Share!! Tell us who it is!)

So, I can continue by saying: I LOVE TOM SKILLING!!

Seriously, I was totally geekin’ out when I opened the present. I saw the back of the picture frame (yes, Chris was sweet enough and supportive of my obsession to frame it for me) and when I flipped it over, I went nuts! You would have thought I was a pre-pubescent girl at a Backstreet Boys concert. Tom actually personalized it! Tom knows that I have a birthday in September!! I was practically crying I was so exited!!! Sadly, I have to report, I was not permitted to take Tom out to the bar that night.

Why do I love Tom Skilling so much? I have no idea. Maybe because he’s just a cute old man. Possibly because it’s clear that he truly loves his job and seems to be excited about isobars and front lines. Maybe because he’s been doing the weather at WGN since before I was born. Whatever the reason, Tom Skilling totally rocks! And now, I have a lovely framed, autographed picture of my favorite weather person and official non-sexual crush of my very own! (ah, bliss!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Web Watch
Katrina, continued: Personal stories of survival, tragedy and witness after Hurricane Katrina continue to capture our attention.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a make money online site. It pretty much covers make money online related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

Yey bethie!!!

I guess my non-sexual crush would be the korean woman that owns the laundromat ;-)

Anonymous said...

i used to have a non-sexual crush on my pet turtle lulubelle, but then she got run over by a car. i guess that made her the one with the crush huh?

sincerely,
flaming dog poop

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hello,

Jake Malooley here, a reporter for Time Out Chicago magazine. I want to interview you for a story I'm doing about Chicago news personalities who are loved. And clearly you love Tom Skilling. I'm on deadline, so please call me when you get this.

Thanks!
Jake Malooley
312-924-9260
jmalooley@timeoutchicago.com