Saturday, July 4, 2009

TDC09--Molly's Cupcakes

After the last few weeks of sub-par cupcakes, I was starting to worry that I would be stuck with only one good cupcake place with many other mediocre wannabes. However, after a rainy run, Danielle and I went to Molly's and were pleasantly surprised.

This Lincoln Park bakery is very cute! If it wasn't an old school, the decorations are fantastic. There are even swings for seating at the counter. Besides the aesthetic decorations, there's a sprinkle station for you to further decorate your own cupcake!!

But how do they taste? Well, Danielle and I took forever trying to decide because there were definitely many choices. Molly's didn't just have the traditional cupcake, but also had fun specialty cakes including the Ron Bennington, which is a chocolate cupcake with peanut butter filling. Very rich and very tasty! There were also coconut creme and many others.

Both Danielle and I really enjoyed this place. I loved all the flavors and I really want to go back to try more. Even the traditional vanilla with butter creme cupcake is fantastic! My only beef is the parking situation...but if you're really looking for a tasty treat, I'd double park if I had to!

Molly's Cupcakes--***** 5 Sprinkles!! :)
2536 N. Clark, Chicago Illinois 60614, (773) 883-7220

No comments: