Friday, July 31, 2009

More Froggy Gifts

I always look at dates with mild apprehension but in the back of my head, there's always hope. Hope that that day's frog will actually be a prince. Was this the case today? Not so much.

Today's frog, Ozzie* picked me up for our date. While he scored some points for the pick up, he didn't actually get out of the car and ring my doorbell (not that my front doorbell works...but that's not the point). I got in the car, and Ozzie very excitedly asked how my day was (almost too excitedly) and proceeded to tell me that he had a gift for me.

A gift? I'm having toothbrush flashbacks. He reaches behind the seat and gives me something in a black plastic bag. What the crap? This was much bigger than a toothbrush, and clearly much larger, upping the potential for weirdness.

I hesitantly opened the bag and saw a four pack of beer. Beer? On a first date? Do I look like one of your buddies with which you would watch a game? Let me say this again, FLOWERS!! You bring a girl FLOWERS on a first date! Not necessarily roses or anything major. Maybe a tulip might be nice (I like the ones that are multi-colored, if you're wondering). In his defense, it was good beer (Beemish Stout). However, do you really think it's a good idea to give a woman beer on a first date? Is he a creepy weirdo who's just trying to get me wasted to take advantage of me? (Not gonna work with 4 beers, buddy!)

**Sigh** I just don't get it!

*yeah, the names have been changed...Ozzie just seemed fun today.

2 comments:

Who, me? said...

Haha, this from the girl who drank beer during a marathon. ;)

Bethie said...

He didn't know that.