Sunday, June 28, 2009

TDC09--Traveling Cupcakes (Laura's Wedding)

Well, it seems that you'll miss a long run or two. This week's long run was missed for Laura's Wedding!! It really was beautiful out on the farm with a small pond in the background. Laura looked absolutely beautiful and glowing in her elegant ivory dress. So pretty!

If there's one thing I know about Laura, it's that she loves a good cake as much as I do. Therefore, I knew that her wedding sweets were going to be good. I was NOT disappointed!

Laura had gotten muffin sized chocolate and vanilla cupcakes! They had either red or orange frosting. I thought that this was to match the flowers at her wedding, but Laura said "They were suppose to be white with pretty red and orange flowers but instead they were red and orange frosted with no flowers." Still they were VERY yummy cupcakes! The cupcakes withstood the warm summer day and were perfectly cooked. Even the frosting to cake ratio was perfectly balanced. Not easy to do with cupcakes of that size. I have to confess...I ate more than one. But in my defense, they were so good! Laura ordered them from La Brioche in Madison. It makes me wonder what other tasty treats they have there! I guess next time I'm in Mad-town, I'll have to find out!

La Brioche Bakery ***** 5 Sprinkles!!
2862 University Ave, Madison, WI 53705, (608) 233-3388

No comments: