Thursday, February 26, 2009

Making a Point

Most of you know that my world has been work, gym, boards and repeat. For the certification process, I need to video tape a few lessons in my classroom. I did a project requiring my 5th graders to compare works of art and explain why they are similar and then present this to their classmates. The children understood why I was taping and were excited and proud to be the examples for me to submit.

A pair of boys walked up to the front of the classroom to give their presentation. One of the boys whips out a broken off radio antenna, opens it up and begins to use it as a pointer! I asked the student "Did you just happen to have that in your pocket?"

He responded with the tone of DUH, "No. He did." and gesturing to his partner. He continued using the pointer through out his presentation using the broken antenna to point out how the art works were similar. I was dying!! It was so hilarious!

And the best part...it's all on video.

1 comment:

SuperJuls said...

They used to make collapsable pointers like that! When I first started my job, during our department meetings, if the presenter didn't have a pointer the endearing older coworker would take his collapsable point out of his shirt pocket, expand it, shuffle up to the presenter, and quietly hand it to him or her! So hilarious! But, sadly, not on video.